Friday, April 9, 2010

Just don't burn the house down...

Scott and Denise went out with a couple from church tonight.  Around 5 pm I heard Denise yell down the stairs, "Hey Jo, come help me pick out what to wear!"  Luckily, growing up with Jes constantly asking, "does this look ok?" and years of experience playing "dress Jael" in college prepared me for this very occasion.  I was surprised to find out that Denise had a pair of skinny jeans (who knew she was so hip?) which tucked nicely into my super-swanky new Puma boots.  I must admit that I was a bit jealous when she was able to zip them up so easily with room to spare.  Then Bailey reminded me that I can't be sad because I have awesome calves.  Thanks, Bailey!











The Smiths went out to look at a house in a different part of town and spend some time exploring, which left me, Davis, and Bailey alone to do WHATEVER WE WANTED!  The first thing we wanted... ICE CREAM!  We walked to the store and got some Ben and Jerry's.  Vanilla for Davis, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for Bailey, and Chocolate Fudge Brownie for myself.  When we were leaving the Centra, we saw this dog just chilling outside, waiting patiently on his owner to finish shopping.  Wonder how long it will take me to teach Dakota that trick?

We came home and ate our ice cream in front of the computer watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.  Of course, we had to take a few breaks... a couple to use the toilet (that's how you say bathroom in Irish) and one to make popcorn from kernels.  I had never done this before.  All I'll say is that we were lucky it wasn't a HUGE disaster!  Only a few pieces managed to pop out from under the lid before Davis said, "Quick!  You have to pour it in this bowl!"  It was delicious!

Craig and Merschon get in tomorrow morning!  Only a few more days left in Dublin...


2 comments:

  1. Jo, it looks like the kids are teaching you some new culinary skills. Thanks for sharing these awesome pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why this said Larry made this comment. It was me - Dixie

    ReplyDelete