Monday, April 19, 2010

North Dakota, volcanic ash, and BOB... Oh, what a glamorous life!

I got home from Ireland on Tuesday.  First thing I did?  Ate Mexican food!!!!  I've decided that our missionary training should have included how to make tortillas from scratch.  Since it didn't, I'm going to have to add that to my Things-I-Absolutely-Must-Do-Before-I-Move-To-Dublin list.  When we got home, Mooly made me go in the backyard for my reunion with Dakota.  She was afraid Dakota would get too excited and run through a wall.  There was a decent amount of frantic joy, but mostly she just rolled around while I pet her.  She stayed right by my side for the next few days... North Dakota!

Missions Resource Network had a benefit dinner on Friday night.  All the teams heading for the field this year were invited.  Craig and Merschon were supposed to come back from Dublin on Thursday so they could make it to the dinner, but a certain volcano in Iceland decided to erupt and blow some ash on their travel plans, which meant they had to stay in Dublin an extra day (bummer).  Shay and Juli drove up from Austin and I framed some pictures of the Karnes and Hutsons to bring along so the whole team would be well represented.  On the way to the dinner, Shay called and said he was going to the airport to pick up the Hutsons!  They had rushed to catch a connecting flight to Dallas and were able to make it to the dinner anyway... just like a scene out from your average romantic comedy.  So the whole team got to be together after all (though some were slightly more two-dimensional than others)!

Today I said something I never thought I'd say, "Daddy, if you want, I'll watch an episode of Band of Brothers with you."  He looked at me like he couldn't believe his ears, then sprung off the couch before I had a chance to change my mind.  I will admit that it wasn't as boring as I was expecting.  I did manage to stay awake for the whole episode (which is saying a lot because it was raining outside and my belly was very full).  And, all though I could only stomach the one episode today, I will most likely watch more BOB... especially considering that'll be the only way to get my Daddy to stop telling me how it's the greatest show on earth and that I really do need to watch it.  I'm not totally convinced yet, I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment