Monday, November 7, 2011

Things Hoped For

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."  Heb 11:1

There are so many things that draw my heart away from my Creator.  Pride.  Complacency.  Anger.  Despair.  Insecurity.  Inadequacy.  Inferiority.  The list goes on.  But in the dead of night, when the quiet darkness is heavy with ambiguity, my soul cries out to Yahweh.  These are the things I hope for...

To be full of thankfulness.  To be consumed by His love.  To rejoice always.  To be genuinely content.  For every breath I take to honor His kingdom.  For every word I speak to echo His truth.  To love with abandon.  To fall before His throne.  To feel His arms engulf my raging heart.  To hide in His light, where the darkness cannot find me.  To find rest in His promises.  To find peace in His presence.  To find my place in His holiness.  To delight in Him completely.  To desire Him and no other. 

This is where He meets me.  In this place, my Creator calms the storm inside my heart.  He whispers His words into the depths of my soul.

I am Yahweh, the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  I do not faint or grow weary.  Wait for me.  I will renew your strength (Isaiah 40:28, 30).  I am in your midst.  I will save you.  I rejoice over you.  Be quieted by my love.  I exult over you with loud singing (Zephaniah 3:17).  My steadfast love never ceases.  My mercies never come to an end.  They are new every morning.  I am faithful.  Let me be your portion.  Hope in me (Lamentation 3:24).  Seek me.  You will find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you (Jeremiah 29:13-14).  Now be still.  Know that I am God (Psalm 46:10) 

Then sings my soul. 

1 comment: