Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Plan.

A couple of days ago, Mooly and I had the following (paraphrased) conversation...

Mooly:  Jo, I need for you to make a list of all the things you need to do before you leave and then you may want to make a schedule of when you plan on getting it all done.
Me:  Silly Mooly, that sounds like a great idea, but you know I don't work like that.
Mooly:  Yes, I know.  That's the problem.  You're running out of time.  I'm worried you're not going to get everything done.  I need to know that you know that you have a lot to do.
Me:  Don't worry, Mooly.  I've got plenty of time.  And I really don't have that much to do. It'll all get done.  I promise.
Mooly: (shaking her head and looking really concerned) Ohhhh.....kay......

Today I realized that Mooly was right (don't tell her I said that).  As usual.  I've got a lot to do.  I'm running out of days.  But, I've got a plan.  A good plan.  And a Super-Sister that's really good at sticking to the plan.  Lucky me.

Right now: Finish laundry; write blog about The Plan
Tomorrow: Fly to Alabama for my final visit with University Church
Friday: Take care of business in Alabama
Saturday: Mooly and Daddy join me in Alabama; more taking-care-of-business
Sunday: Make things official with UCC in front of the entire congregation
Monday: Fly back to Dallas; Mooly will help me pin/baste One-Last-Quilt
Tuesday: Quilt/bind/wash/finish One-Last-Quilt
Wednesday: Super-Sister will help me get everything into 4 suitcases and 1 carry-on; lunch with Betsy at Fuzzy's
Thursday: Take a big sigh-of-relief that everything is packed; do any last minute things I've overlooked (I'm sure there will be plenty)
Friday: THE BIG DAY!!!!!  Betsy will take me to the airport at 3pm; there may be a few happy tears prior to (and/or after) that.  Flight leaves at 5:50.
Saturday: Arrive in London around 8AM; change planes; arrive in Dublin around NOON; Whooooooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it!! I can't believe it! I can't believe it! God is going to GREAT things through you!!! You are amazing, even without a plan! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually The Plan had an unpublished change on Friday: Betsy came @ 2 ;((

    ReplyDelete